Monday, May 23, 2011

What have I been Up To????

Hello,
It's been a while, I know, but this year has been very busy.  Being retired - that means I don't have a formal job, but it doesn't mean I don't work - gives me a certain amount of freedom.  So EC and I have done a bit of traveling.  We went to Maui, my favorite place in the whole world, during the first couple of weeks in March.  We returned in time for me to go to my Guild's retreat - AWOL (Arkansas Women on the Loose with Jim & Eddie) where I had a wonderful three days of sewing and visiting with about 40 friends from my Guild.
I was home for a couple of days and then EC and I drove to Saint Simon's Island, Georgia for my only niece's wedding.  That was a beautiful trip and we have never been there before so we really loved seeing that part of America.
I was home long enough to wash my clothes and re-pack and off again to Quilt City, USA - Paducah, Kentucky, for the wonderful AQS Quilt Show.  What a wonderful time! My traveling companions, Shirley- the driver, Natalie-tour director, Brenda, Bea, Debbie and me - all six of us plus our bags and two air beds, fit nicely into Shirley's van.  After three days of Quilt Show, MAQ Museum, Hurt Books, Hancock's of Paducah, and various other places all over the City - we looked like Gypsies!  The van was stuffed!  It was great fun and we made it back before all of the major flooding!
I actually stayed home for two weeks - I had to go to my Guild meeting and I have a sew day here on 2nd Saturdays - then this past Monday morning I breezed off to Victoria, Texas to visit my friend Crayola.  That was a 1200 mile drive.  We had a great visit, Victoria is a nice small town down in 'way' South Texas, but it is hot down there.  I got back to North Little Rock just in time for more rain.
I guess I posted this to let you know that I'm still here, even though I've not been here.







During my short stays here this year, I've really gotten a lot done with my Quilting.  I finished a Quilt top that features my "Jibbles & Bits" & "Century Log Cabins".  I've made at least 20 baskets on my new Industrial Bernina 950(I love this machine-it's really 'no nonsense' sewing & it really gets the job done), and before I left for Victoria, I made four new "Century Log Cabins".  These take me about a day to make, but I am so happy to have them.  The completed block is about 3 1/2 inches square and there are over 100 sewn pieces in each one of them.
I just wanted to let you know I'm still around and still working on my Quilts.  I'm also very happy that I seem to have successfully posted some pictures.
Anyway, I'm happy to be here, Home is always best.  Enjoy the photos, we'll talk again soon (I hope)

No comments: