Thursday, June 26, 2008

Hey, Out There!
My friend Charlie, he set up this blog site for me, has been working on it today. I think it looks so much better now that we have done a little tweeking.
My friend Charlotte called me today. She owns Pinwheel Fabrics in Bryant, Arkansas. We set up a "Quilt By The Mile" Class for August 16th and 23rd and September 6th. I'll be teaching the "Quilt By The Mile" Process. Charlotte has a great new Classroom. I'm pleased to be in her shop. She's got a lot of great fabrics!
I spent the morning working on a new Quilt. I think it may be one of my favorites. I am taking such a long time to Quilt it. I can't help it, though. I always think that I am messing up with each stitch. Do any of you Quilter's have that hesitation problem? I love the piece and don't want to mess it up.
I've probably Quilted more than 100 Quilts but I still worry.
I bought some great polished cotton a couple of weeks ago. Three yards! I cut it up today, into 3/4 inch bias strips. I'm making bowls. I wrap the bias strips around cotton clothes line and then zig-zag it together on my trusty Elna. All you do is sew in a circle. It's great, especially when I suffer from that hesitation problem I seem to have with my Quilting.
I've made several bowls, one is more like a basket. My cat, "Kittyboy" loves to sit in it. I think the high sides give him a feeling of security. (My cat's name is Schrunchie, but I've never called him that. He is a Bengal and very much a free spirit. Kittyboy or Buggers really fits him so much better. He cannot behave.) He is my helper, why only today, He rearranged the fabric on my shelves. He thinks it looks better on the floor. I think he just likes to watch me pick it up and re-stack it.
When I learn how to post pictures, I show you the Quilt and the Bowls. If you go to my friend, Pat Eaton's Blogspot -www.birdnestontheground.blogspot.com - and check out the April posts, there is a photo of my quilting. Yes, it's been in the machine that long. I told you I was having problems.
We'll talk again soon,
Carol Ann, Quilter

1 comment:

Pat said...

Carol Ann, Welcome to the world of blogging. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. I'm glad to hear about what you are doing and will add your blog to my "faves" list! Have FUN! Pat