Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Where In The World is The Quilt Queen?

Yes, yes, it has been a while.
Remember, a while back I mentioned that I really must work on the Quilt that was in my longarm. Well, the right day did come along ( I am a firm believer in the "Right Day") and I have been attached to the Longarm.
Yesterday afternoon, I removed the Quilt from the rollers and "The Quilt" and I have been having a 'love-in' ever since. I can't take my eyes off it. I have only seen it in sections since last February. Yes, February! It is laying on the bed to the right of me and I keep glancing over my shoulder to look at it. Can you tell, I think it turned out beautifully. It is heavily Quilted, I haven't counted how many different colors of thread I used, but more than ten.
I don't know how many yards of thread I used either. I know that some Quilter's keep track of the yards of thread, but I did not. I used four 1000 meter spools of Madeira Verigated and emptied several other spools of solid colors.
Naturally, since I am in a thread shortage, a road trip is called for. I need more thread. EC calls this the "Needmore" Disease. That's true.
I share this machine with EC and He seems to have an emergency.
We'll talk later,
Carol Ann, Quilter

No comments: